Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's new...

I've been slacking on my posting duties. Been busy with my chores, and taking classes at the Career Center so I can get certified in Office 2007. I need to be able to put it on my resume'. I am also trying to re-learn touch typing so I can get a typing certificate. I am typing without looking at the keys right now, so this post will take about 10 times as long as usual. I gotta practice though, no matter how frustrating it is. It is really embarrassing to be at the Career Center and be typing this slow. I type about 22 words a minute, which is not very good.

The chickens are doing great, though. They love being out in their pen, and as soon as we finish securing the yard, they will be able to range freely for part of the day. They are so cute, they get so excited when they see me coming out into the yard. I bring them treats, like the ends of the tomato (the part you don't eat) and grapes, and they love spinach. I have a table and chair set up next to the pen, so I can eat my lunch outside and of course I must bring goodies for the animals. It's like Dr. Doolittle out there, me eating my lunch while dogs, chickens and a tortoise all beg for treats. I love it.

Here's a short video of the chicks enjoying some corncobs that I saved from our dinner last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment