Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And a Happy New Year!

Let's hope! So far it's been pretty much the same. I made it through the holidays without getting sick, and that was awesome, but it finally caught up to me. I woke up this morning feeling like a truck must have run me over. I overslept and was awakened by the sound of a boasting chicken proudly telling the whole neighborhood about what she'd done. Farm girls don't get sick days, so I  dragged my behind out of my warm bed and into my chore clothes. It wasn't so bad.

Southern California was hit by storms the week of Christmas, and as a result, our house got a little flooded. It rained practically non-stop for 3 days. It was a very surreal experience to see the water coming up into the patio and just keep coming and know there is very little you can do to keep it from coming into your house. We've had problems with flash floods before because of the way our house is situated, but they come and go very quickly, hence the name. But this was different. So much rain and nowhere for it to go. Our backyard was a lake. It hasn't rained in days and the yard is still soggy. We spent Christmas Eve tearing carpet and pad out of the downstairs bedrooms and hall, but at least we were all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment