Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Darling Nickie
Christmas 2010 was, like everything else, a mixed bag. Sure, our house flooded and we had to move furniture and rip out carpets on Christmas Eve, but we also got together as a family and made candy to give as Christmas gifts. And even the act of cleaning up after the flood done as a family put a silver lining on a dark cloud.
Nickie's pretty brown egg
Nickie began laying eggs a few days before Christmas, and now she and Esther lay almost an egg a day. It's been two weeks since they were medicated, so their eggs are now safe to eat again.


Bumble
The silkies started eating from my hand a few days ago, and now they go nuts whenever they see me, not because they love me but because they love spinach. Although, today, Bumble jumped out of the brooder and onto the table and when I picked her up to put her back in, she didn't freak out. In fact, I even got her to eat from my hand while I held her for a minute. That felt like progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment