Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When the going gets tough...

So we suffered quite a set-back with the loss of our duck flock.  It has taken me a while to get over it, but as the saying goes,  "Where there's livestock, there's going to be deadstock" and if I really want to be a farm girl, I have to accept that.

I also need to shake off this black cloud and persevere. Not everything is going to work out as planned, but I need to keep going and moving forward if I want to succeed. No crying over spilled milk.

As sad as I am about how the duck project ended, I now realize that the plan wasn't going to work out for my situation. If we ever move to our dream farm I will try ducks again, but they are too loud and our yard is just too open to have roaming ducks. It's a poop issue, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment