Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chicken Stalkers

No, my chickens are not being stalked. It is they who are the stalkers! Every time I go outside the flock comes running over to meet me. You'd think I was the Beatles, or Justin Bieber, or somebody else famous who draws a crowd. I only have myself to blame. I convinced them I was their Mommy and I bring them delicious treats all the time, but all this worship can be a little much. You know how cats like to walk really close to your feet and how, if you're not careful, you can accidentally kick them while taking a step? Imagine a flock of cats at your feet. That's what it's like whenever I go into the backyard, which I must do if I want to do laundry or take out the trash. I have accidentally stepped on a chicken's foot more than once, and you know that's gotta hurt. I love to visit with the flock and I make time to hang out with them every day but they are taking it too far. I am a busy person with lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment